1. Angiotensin is produced by the intrinsic iso-renin-angiotensin system.
2. Angiotensin is secreted into the cerebrospinal fluid of nephrectomized rats.
3. Angiotensin in cerebrospinal fluid elevates systemic blood pressure.
4. Rats with hereditary diabetes insipidus are virtually non-responsive to intraventricular angiotensin.
5. Angiotensin II is elevated in the cerebrospinal fluid of spontaneously hypertensive rats.
6. An intraventricular perfusion of the angiotensin II receptor-blocking agent P 113 decreases blood pressure in spontaneously hypertensive rats.